All McKenzie Towne parents are invited to attend the monthly meetings of our School Council and Parent Association meetings. Council is comprised of both parents and staff representatives, including the principal. Our goal is to work together to create a positive learning environment for our children. Through the council, we can strengthen communication between home and school.
We discuss and plan ways to support the learning needs of our students. We also support special events, such as Special Lunches. Watch this space for updates.
As volunteers are not permitted in the building until further notice due to Covid 19 health measures, Fun Lunches are cancelled.
Meeting Dates/Schedule 2021-2022
Meetings will be held virtually this year due to the ongoing global pandemic.
October's meeting will be held using Microsoft Teams.
Links to join the meetings will be posted monthly closer to the date of the meeting.
- Monday September 20, 2021 (AGM) at 6:30pm
- Monday October 25, 2021 at 6:30pm:
- Monday November 15, 2021 at 6:30pm
- Monday January 24, 2022 at 6:30pm
- Monday February 28, 2022 at 6:30pm
- Monday April 25, 2022 at 6:30pm - ONLINE Click here to join the meeting
- Monday May 16, 2022 at 6:30pm - IN PERSON
Guidelines for virtual meetings:
- Attendees are asked to place themselves on mute. You have the option of keeping your camera on or off while others are talking.
- Use the chat to ask questions - it will be monitored.
- Type your name in the chat as you login so we can record your name, especially if you are logged in through a spouse's account of your child's CBE Google account. We want to address you correctly!
- If you need to leave early, please say goodbye in the chat (this helps to maintain the integrity of the minutes)
Our School Council Members
Chair: Chantelle O. (2021-2022) firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Christie P. (2020-2021) email@example.com
Secretary: Courtney H. (2020-2021) firstname.lastname@example.org