The school will determine which articles of clothing are appropriate for our learning environment and advise the student and their parent/guardian accordingly. Students are expected to maintain acceptable dress and hats are to be removed upon entry to the school. The following are general, but not exhaustive, guidelines:
- Students are required to dress respectfully and appropriately at all times.
- Students require a pair of indoor shoes suitable for gym and classroom use.
- Students are expected to wear appropriate outdoor clothing that will ensure their comfort outside at recess, lunch time and outdoor class activities.
- Footwear used in outdoor activities must be sturdy enough to minimize the risk of injury.
- Individual expression and fashion trends must fall within the bounds of safety and good taste and should not be distracting to student learning.
Dressed to Learn
Midnapore School is committed to being a school of character. “Dressed to learn”, for us, means that we choose clothing that is appropriate for learning in an elementary school setting.
For safety purposes, when participating in physical activities in the gym and on the playground, we ask that all students have a pair of flat, comfortable shoes that are firmly attached (laces, Velcro, buckles, etc.) to the foot.
Parents are asked to work with their children to help them to make good choices about dressing appropriately for learning at school. Students will be respectfully asked to find suitable clothing if their dress is considered inappropriate.