Ensuring our students get to school safely is everyone’s responsibility. Please be mindful of crosswalks, parking rules and speed limits when you are near our schools, especially during the morning drop-off and afternoon dismissal times. Do not drop off or park in the staff parking lot.
Monterey Park School Zone Traffic Safety
We are asking for your assistance with ensuring the safety of our children and community members as they frequent our school zone. Below are a few general tips about traffic safety in school zones.
- All school zones in the city are changing to playground zones. These will be in force every day from 7.30 AM to 9 PM. Please check the signs at the start of the school zones for changes.
- While the zone is active the speed limit is a maximum of 30 km/hr.
- You cannot pass or overtake while the zone is active.
- Many of the restrictions are clearly signposted so please pay attention to the signs.
- Please be courteous to other road users.
- Familiarize yourself with all of the road signs so that you understand the meaning.
- Remain vigilant at all times.
- Ensure every person in the vehicle is properly secured.
- Ensure your vehicle is legally parked/stopped before allowing any person to enter or exit it.
- Not all of the restrictions are posted as they are general city wide rules that stand at all locations.
- Only cross the road at designated crossing areas.