Monterey Park School Zone Traffic Safety
We are asking for your assistance with ensuring the safety of our children and community members as they frequent our school zone. Below are a few general tips about traffic safety in school zones.
- All school zones in the city are changing to playground zones. These will be in force every day from 7.30 AM to 9 PM. Please check the signs at the start of the school zones for changes.
- While the zone is active the speed limit is a maximum of 30 km/hr.
- You cannot pass or overtake while the zone is active.
- Many of the restrictions are clearly signposted so please pay attention to the signs.
- Please be courteous to other road users.
- Familiarize yourself with all of the road signs so that you understand the meaning.
- Remain vigilant at all times.
- Ensure every person in the vehicle is properly secured.
- Ensure your vehicle is legally parked/stopped before allowing any person to enter or exit it.
- Not all of the restrictions are posted as they are general city wide rules that stand at all locations.
- Only cross the road at designated crossing areas.