Mount Royal Code of Conduct
Mount Royal has a code of conduct that has been developed with input from students, parents, and staff. These expectations are designed to enhance positive student development as well a safe and secure climate for everyone in the building. The Declaration of Rights, created by our students and staff, states that everyone has the right to an education.
To learn, ask questions, seek help, take chances and learn from mistakes, be protected from violence, harassment and abuse, equal treatment regardless of gender, age, or cultural background, and freedom of expression in a way that is considerate of others Based on these rights the following are the expectations for our students.
- Show self-control while at school (words and actions)
- Follow the Responsible Use of Technology guidelines
- Treat school grounds and facilities in a positive way
- Respect the rights of others to learn
- Follow ALL adults’ directions
- Use school appropriate language on school grounds (classroom, hallways, gym, P.E. locker rooms, school field / sport court)
- Be a positive Mount Royal citizen
- Attend classes and be on time
- Be prepared to learn: bring necessary materials and complete work on time
- Be engaged in your learning
- Seek help when needed
- Have a positive attitude
- Maintaining strong relationships that support learning is a priority for our staff.