Regular Program Registration​

To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

How to Register

Notice Regarding School Overflow Designation for Mount Royal School

The purpose of this letter is to provide you with information on capacity issues at Mount Royal School, and inform you of the accommodation plans. Mount Royal School is over capacity and is no longer able to accommodate all students who live in the boundary for the 2022-23 school year and beyond. For this reason, the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) will be capping enrolment at Mount Royal School and designating overflow schools. 

Effective immediately, the following changes will be implemented: 

A cap on Grade 7 to 9 enrolment at Mount Royal School.

  • All new Grade 7 to 9 students designated to attend Mount Royal School who cannot be accommodated at Mount Royal School will now be designated to one of two overflow schools: Vincent Massey School or A.E. Cross School. See the map on the last page for the boundary of new overflow designations.
  • A lottery will be held for Grade 7 students for next school year. Students who are unsuccessful in the lottery process will be designated to an overflow school and placed on a call-back list. 

Information about the CBE lottery process is available at Lottery Information for Parents. 

Please read the full notice for more information about the cap on Grade 7 to 9 enrolment.

Last modified on

​​​​​​​​​​What School is Next and Transferring Between CBE Schools

Every CBE student has a designated school based on their home address. When you transition from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find your designated school, use our Find a School tool. 

​If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit the Transfers webpage for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests. ​

Mount Royal Snow Angels: Achilis, Addy, and Iman clear snow from staff cars in the parking lot. Stay safe everyone! https://t.co/fXxLdwHUqm

Reminder to Mount Royal families that Thursday September 29th is Orange Shirt Day. Wear orange to honour the Survivors of Residential Schools. #OrangeShirtDay https://t.co/2WqiEMBvyl

If this isn't team work- I don't know what is! Mount Royal is getting ready for our #TerryFoxRun tomorrow. If you'd like to donate to the Terry Fox Foundation, our school's link is: https://t.co/LK64PMLKeJ https://t.co/Vc9kzh4jkI

Mount Royal celebrated National Indigenous Peoples Day by engaging in learning, traditional games, Métis hand weaving and most deliciously, the eating of bannock! #NationalIndigenousPeoplesDay https://t.co/VQvTyeI9bF