Mount View School is located in the Northeast community of Winston Heights - Mount View. The school was built in 1948 and is situated across from the newly re-developed Munro Park. Learn more about our school profile.
Mount View School Belief Statements
Together, we are creating a collaborative school culture in which:
- The pursuit of excellence encourages all to be leaders, problem solvers, critical thinkers, and life-long learners.
- The voices of everyone will be heard and valued as we work toward our common purpose.
- Students are encouraged to believe in themselves as we plan for meaningful learning experiences and connections that deepen the learner’s understanding.
- School-wide teaming, valued support of specialists, and active parent involvement enhance our ability to use flexible groups, provide enrichment, and effectively use staff and parent expertise to address all of our children’s learning needs.
- Staff members learn together through reflective practice.
- Children and adults are nurtured and stimulated in a culture of positive energy, respect for each other and joy. Everyone can take risks in their learning because they feel cared for and safe.
- Students will be listened to and respected.
- Strengths are valued and needs addressed
Statement of Purpose
Mount View School, in partnership with family and community, will utilize all available resources to provide our children with a safe, caring and nurturing learning environment. Each child will have the opportunity to develop academic, social, emotional, and physical skills and attitudes to become the best that they can be.
At Mount View School we promote the development of skills and attitudes to become able, productive, democratic citizens who become life-long learners.