Last modified on
- Treat others with kindness, and respect
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
- Use courteous language and be responsible
- Walk in the halls and be safe
- Follow directions when asked
- With adult guidance, children take responsibility for their learning and assume responsibility for their actions. Our goal is that every child self-monitors their own behaviors. It is our intent that it is a learning opportunity when students are unable to meet expectations.
- Parents are an integral component in supporting our children in meeting expectations.
- We encourage children to solve their problems first on their own. If expectations are not met the classroom teacher, educational assistant or lunchroom supervisor will initially deal with the situation. If they deem it necessary they will involve an administrator. Emphasis will be on the insights a staff member gains from speaking with the student and solving the problem together.
- Consequences for poor choices may include the loss of privileges within the classroom or school, a “cooling off” time outside the classroom, solutions on how to “make it right” or a phone call home.
- At times, when an incident is more serious or there have been repeat incidents, an administrator may be involved. They will determine the consequence depending on the seriousness of the student behavior.
- In any circumstance where behavior is an issue, the focus is on the student understanding their responsibility in the situation and accepting consequences for their actions.
- Students are required to enter the building promptly when the bell rings. Teachers are in charge of student entry.
- Students who are reported absent by the homeroom teacher and then arrive late are asked to enter through the front door if their entry door is locked and check in at the office for a late slip.
- Students are to use trashcans located by the playground and at the doorways.
- Students are to use the creative playground in a reasonable manner (supervisor’s discretion). The climbing of the backstops, slides, etc. is not allowed.
- Students are to remain visible to the supervisors.
- Students must remain on the playground during recess.
- Parking lot and front lawn are off limits.
- Snow and rocks are to remain on the ground.
- Students should leave hardballs, lacrosse sticks and hockey sticks at home.
- Students are expected to attend regularly and punctually.
- Students are expected to be clean and tidy in personal care and be appropriately dressed i.e. no offensively worded or illustrated T-shirts, cropped tops, halter tops, spaghetti strapped shirts or bare mid drifts shirts are to be worn. Hats are not to be worn in the school.
- Students being picked up during school hours are to be met at the office and signed out by the adult.
- When moving between classes, students will walk in a quiet orderly manner down the appropriate side of the hallway.
- Activities cease when announcements are being made on the intercom.
- Classrooms and coat hooks should be left in a neat condition.