The purpose of our CBE system policy is to
- To promote positive learning environments for each student. To help students learn how to develop empathy and become good citizens both within and outside of the school community.
- To meet the CBE’s responsibility to provide students and staff with a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging for all members of our school community.
- To outline the roles and expectations related to student conduct.
- To explain the consequences when a student’s disruptive behaviour negatively affects the learning environment.
The intent of any action taken is to learn from our mistakes. An atmosphere of cooperation, collaboration and understanding between all parties is the most productive way of making this learning effective. A consistent approach to behavior by school staff, students, and parents has resulted in students knowing, and following, expectations at Mount View School.
Everyone Does Their Part
- Establishes clear expectations
- Models appropriate behavior and attitudes
- Reinforces correct behavior, and
- Is alert to the student who needs assistance
- Is aware, understands and follows expectations to help maintain a safe and appropriate learning environment
- Models appropriate behavior for others in the school
- Supports, cooperates, provides input
- Models behavior and an attitude conducive to their child’s learning