Weekly News April 9, 2021
Want to hear what the Grade 5/6's have been up to? At our next school council meeting Tuesday April 13th, Ms. Jawanda and Mr. MacDonald will give us an update. Our Principal, Ms. Vancise will share information on budget and school fees. Results of our survey (see below!) will be discussed. Please find the Agenda on the school website.
Care about the Provincial renewal of the curriculum? Let your voice be heard! There are numerous ways that we as parents can impact the curriculum:
1) The Draft K-6 curriculum and provincial feedback survey will remain open until Spring 2022. Feedback will help refine the curriculum before it is implemented in classrooms in September 2022.
2) The Alberta School Councils’ Association (ASCA) will hold their annual conference in April to discuss and vote on 11 Advocacy Resolutions ranging from Renewal of Alberta's curriculum to how school funding should be allocated. Resolutions passed into policy will form ASCA's perspective when dealing with the Alberta government and organizations in provincial education. The Advocacy Resolutions and a Mount View Parent Survey can be found here. The survey will be open until April 12, 2021.
Want to come and just listen? Great, we are happy to have you! There is never any pressure to volunteer. Click the School Council Teams Link to join the meeting.
School Council Annual General Meeting
School Council's virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be on Tuesday, May 11th, 2021. The election of parents or legal guardians to the Executive Committee will take place. Everyone is encouraged to attend. More details to come.
Have any questions, comments, or concerns for School Council? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home & School Association Meeting - Fundraising group
When: Tuesday, April 13th
Time: 7:30 – immediately after the School Council meeting
The Home & School Association meets and discusses how it can financially support school and student based activities, residencies and technology needs as requested by teachers.
This is the last meeting before the Annual General Meeting and elections in May. The meeting agenda will be posted on the school website.
For more information on the Home & School Association, please email email@example.com
All Mount View parents are invited to attend the monthly meetings of our School Council. The School Council is comprised of both parents and staff representatives. Our goal is to work together to create a positive learning environment for our children. Through the council, we can strengthen communication between home and school. We discuss and plan for our school’s future. We also support special events, such as Special Lunches, which generate funds for our school programs. The Mount View School Council and Parent Association is a great way to stay informed and involved in school-related issues.
Meetings are held on the Second Tuesday of each month. Due to the Covid-19 situation, the meetings will be held online, through Microsoft Teams.
- November 10, 2020
- December 8, 2020
- January 12, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- June 8, 2021
Our School Council Members
- Co-Chairs: Meghan Snowdon & Katherine Parsons
- Secretary: Elizabeth Carey
- Community Liaison: Joanna Gostola
- Key Communicator: Amber Adams
Contact the School Council