Volunteering at Mount View School
Volunteers are a vital part of our school’s operation. Research strongly indicates that the single most powerful factor in developing productive school experiences is the close relationship between home and school, parents and teachers. Our school recognizes this value and encourages the use of volunteers to enhance our programs.
Volunteers can assist by:
- Improving the adult/student ratio
- Expanding the variety of classroom activities
- Allowing teachers to spend more instructional time with students
- Enriching the quality of school programs
- Building an understanding through involvement
Another goal of the volunteer program is to promote communication between school staff and parents as we work together to provide the best possible education for our children.
- Classroom Assistance: In-Class Kindergarten volunteers may be asked to help set up crafts/activities, tidy the paint/sand/water centers, help children at centres, help children with reading skills. Grades 1 - 6 volunteers work with children in Class and supervise students on field trips.
- Classroom Assistance: Teacher Materials Assist in preparing instructional materials, photocopying materials
- Arrange for classroom volunteers for events or field trips.
- Attend School Council meetings.
- Reading Program: Read one-on-one with students.
- Library Assistance: Card and shelve books, process new materials, help children find materials, change bulletin board displays
- Fundraising: Help with events such as; raffles, dances, casino, Activity Day, etc.
- Special Events: Set up the gym for an event, school dance, in-line skating assistance, Activity Day, organize cultural events.