First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021 and the school office is open to parents on Friday, Aug. 27, 2021 from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
School Start & End Times
Monday – Thursday
- Day: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Lunch: 12:00 PM -12:50 PM
- Afternoon: 12:50 PM - 3:10 PM
Monday – Friday
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our school's website Calendar for upcoming events and dates.
Kindergarten classes begin on September 1, 2021. There will be staggered entry for Kindergarten students on Sept. 1st. Regular Kindergarten classes begin on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021. Please meet your teacher at the west entrance, the front door of the school. See below for more information.
Please visit our How to Register page for registration details and forms.
Our school office opens on Aug. 27, 2021 for registration.
Back To School Information 2021-22
This is a follow-up message from last week’s welcome message for detailed information regarding back-to-school plans for the first week of school. Before I get into the letter, I would like to take a moment to thank Ms. Vancise, our previous Principal, who worked very hard to make the school look beautiful and to create a welcoming space for everyone. The above artwork has been installed in the hallways, and classroom doors are painted in a beautiful green; all a surprise for the students from Ms. Vancise! I hope our families and students enjoy it when they come to school.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your children this week. Here are a couple of reminders:
Important dates and information:
Please note that masks are required when you enter the building. All teachers will send their class/grade-specific information on the afternoon of Monday, August 30.
The first week: September 1 - September 3 - Welcome Back MVS students !!! To meet public health measures, there will be a staggered start with each grade entering and exiting the school at separate times. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointed time. The playground will remain closed before and after school.
Cohort A (Ms. Cowling, Ms. Thompson, Mr. MacDonald) Entry: 8:25-8:27 Exit: 3:07 Friday Exit: 12:37
Cohort B (Ms. Lemieux, Ms. Brandt, Ms. Jawanda) Entry: 8:27-8:30 Exit: 3:10 Friday Exit: 12:40
LEAD (Ms. Ngo) Entry: 8:30 – 8:32 Exit: 3:12 Friday Exit: 12:42
Kindergarten (Ms. Fournier) Please refer to the message sent earlier this week for staggered entry specific to Kindergarten. Here is the brief overview only for Wednesday, September 1, for your convenience:
Kindergarten Staggered Entry Groups:
Last Name A-J in Group 1 attends from 8:45 am to 10:15 am
Last Name K-Z in Group 2 attends from 10:25 am to 11:55 am
Meeting spaces for the first week of school:
When students arrive, they should put on their masks, look for their teacher’s sign, and head directly to their designated meeting spots. All teachers will be wearing their Mount View School Spirit shirt with an orange safety vest.
Please do not congregate where cohorts line up. Maintain physical distancing.
Cowling: Soccer goal post
Lemieux: Basketball hoop
Thompson: By the art installation on the wall
Brandt: Baseball diamond
Macdonald: Along the wall next to the compound doors at the four square
Jawanda: Bike rack on the compound
Fournier: Front door on the ramp
Ngo: Front door at the flagpole
Classes have been assigned specific doors for entering and exiting the school. In case it rains on our first day, the teachers will greet your child at the specified door for the grade/class.
- Ms. Lemieux (Grade 1/2) and Ms. Cowling (Grade 1) - Use the doors by the field (East doors)
- Ms. Thompson (Grade 2/3) and Ms. Brandt (Grade 3/4) Use the doors off the baseball diamond (South doors)
- Mr. MacDonald (Grade 5/6) and Ms. Jawanda (Grade 5/6) Use the compound doors (South compound doors by the four square)
- Ms. Ngo (LEAD) and Ms. Fournier (Kindergarten) Use the front door
September 6, 2021 – Labour Day – No School.
September 7, 2021 – Parent Council meeting at 6:30 via Microsoft Teams
September 15, 2021 – Conference Manager opens at 4:00 pm to sign-up for Parent meet/greet meetings
September 21, 2021 – Terry Fox Run
September 23, 2021 – 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Parent meet/greet meetings via Microsoft Teams
September 24, 2021 – 9:00 am-Noon. Parent meet/greet meetings via Microsoft Teams
September 30, 2021 – National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. This will be a non-operational day to commemorate truth and reconciliation across CBE. This means there will be no classes and the school will be closed for the day.
We are hopeful that in the near future, we can resume scheduled volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering, please register with the school by filling the Annual Volunteer Registration Form. Please connect with Ms. Gabriela for further information regarding the process via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Related information:
Students, staff, and families can expect the following health measures to be in place when classes resume in all schools on September 1:
- Students and staff will still be expected to use the daily checklist to identify if they should attend or stay home
- Staying home when sick – students and staff who present with COVID-19 symptoms must stay at home until symptoms resolve
- Proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high traffic/touch areas
- Enhanced ventilation in schools
- Classroom cohorts in Kindergarten to Grade 6
- No unscheduled visitors, volunteers or external partners will be permitted in schools at the start of the school year
- Public use or rentals of school facilities outside of school hours will be limited until January 2022
Some health restrictions will be lifted, including:
- At the direction of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, schools will no longer inform close contacts of positive cases, but additional health measures may be implemented as the COVID-19 situation evolves, or if outbreaks occur
- Lockers and change rooms can be used
- Limited off-site activities will be allowed
- Schools can be occupied for evening and weekend school activities
Detailed information can be found here: 2021-22-school-re-entry-information
I know this is a long email with a lot of information; thank you for reading! Please feel free to contact me with any further questions and clarifications.