Regular Program Registration​

To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

How to Register

Notice Regarding Overflow School Designation for Grade 10 to 12 Students Residing in Martindale, Saddle Ridge and Taradale

The Calgary Board of Education (CBE) would like to inform parents/guardians and students that due to the continued and unanticipated enrolment growth at Nelson Mandela High School, the school will be unable to accommodate all students who reside in the school boundary for the 2023-24 school year and beyond. 

In a notice dated June 30, 2022, the CBE informed parents that as of June 30, 2022, all new Grade 10-12 students registering for Nelson Mandela High School for the 2022-23 school year will be re-designated to James Fowler High School. 

Enrolment continues to increase at Nelson Mandela High School. Therefore, for the 2023-24 school year, the following change will be implemented:

  • A cap on Grade 10-12 enrolment at Nelson Mandela High School.
  • All new Grade 10-12 students designated to Nelson Mandela High School who cannot be accommodated at Nelson Mandela High School will be designated to the overflow school, James Fowler High School.
  • A lottery will be held for Grade 10 students. Students who are unsuccessful in the lottery process will be

  Read the notice for more information. 

Last modified on

​​​​​​​​​​Transferring Between CBE Schools

At the CBE, when you are transitioning from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find out what your designated school is, use our Find a School tool. 

If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit CBE's Transfers page for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests.