Dear Gr. 12 Parent/Guardian,
Please see below for some important updates around graduation:
- The final version of the 2021 Grad List has been posted on the Gr. 12/Grad 2021 D2L shell. A reminder that it is the student’s responsibility to verify that they are on the grad list. At this point students cannot be added to the grad list, although they can be removed if there is a significant decline in attendance and/or achievement.
- The 2021 grad fee is $45. This fee covers the cost of a souvenir gown/stole for the grad to keep, a commemorative folio/certificate, a souvenir program, decorations, and any facility/equipment required for this year’s graduation recognition. The school does not make a profit from the grad fee, it is purely cost-recovery.
The grad fee must be paid through PowerSchool (using a parent account) by Monday, April 26th at 9:00 am. No gown/stole will be ordered for students who have not paid the fee, and these students will not be able to participate in the graduation recognition event at the end of May.
- We will be ordering a souvenir gown and stole for each student who is on the final Grad List. Connect teachers have been collecting height measurements, but we are missing measurements for a small number of students. If your student checks the final grad list and no height measurement is recorded, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information before Monday, April 26th. Gowns will ship early next week and our order cannot be changed after that point.
- Nelson Mandela will be hosting a Graduation Recognition on Thursday. May 27th (our original grad date) and Friday, May 28th. There will be no scheduled classes either day.
Details will be finalized in the coming weeks, and more information will be sent out at that time.
NMHS 2021 Grad Committee
- Will be happening in the school from Friday, February 26th until Wednesday, March 17th
- Instructions for booking appointments are available under ‘Resources’ on the right side of this page
- If students are absent, late, or leave early from class for their grad photo appointments, this will be reflected in their attendance for that day and you may receive an email/phone notification as a result.
- We are in the process of generating the 2021 Graduand List (grad list)
- The first draft of the Graduand List will be released on Tuesday, March 16th.
- Additional updates will be published periodically as we track student progress
- The final grad list will published on Tuesday, April 20th. Due to organizational requirements for grad gowns and ceremony programs, students cannot be added to the list after this date, however they can still be removed if there is a significant decline in attendance and/or achievement.
- This year’s grad list will be published digitally though our Gr. 12/Grad 2021 D2L shell. Students will be listed by ID number to respect privacy, and no other identifying information will be included.
- Students are ultimately responsible for ensuring their name appears on the Graduand List. They will work with their Connect Teacher and the Success Advisor to ensure that they meet the requirements for high school graduation.
- For more details, see the “2021 Grad List FAQ” under ‘Resources’ on the right side of this page.
2021 Graduation Events
- As announced on January 28th, the following decisions have been made regarding Graduation 2021 for all CBE high schools:
- There will not be a formal banquet or dance
- Any ceremonies will all take place in our own schools
- Details will be worked out over the coming months. Any activities will follow all Government of Alberta, AHS and CBE health and safety guidelines
- See the official letter that was send from the school under ‘Resources’ on the right side of this page
- Jostens will have 2021 Grad Jewelry available from March 1st to 31st.
- Please view the following video for more information: NMHS Grad Jewelry 2021
- Catalogues are available in the main office
Spring Parent Information Night
- We are planning to have a second virtual “Parent/Guardian Information Night” this spring
- It will take place some time in April once we have more details to share. Stay tuned for an update after Spring Break.
Grad Parent Info Night
Important Links from Gr. 12 Information Night #1:
Alberta Education Graduation Requirements:
Alberta Education’s MyPass
My High School Planner (upload attached file and link here)
School Messenger: Opt-in to Email Communications