What if you could learn about anything?
Have you ever....
- Wanted to invent something?
- Solve an issue that has always bothered you?
- Meet people with similar interests?
- Challenge yourself in an area of strength?
- Improve your fitness?
- Learn about different cultures and their traditions?
- Learn about potential careers from people in the field?
In short it is an opportunity for YOU to do something you are passionate or curious about with the support of like-minded peers and staff.
What is the point of YOUnited Friday?
- Opportunity for staff and students to work on things they care about.
- Provide flexible learning opportunities.
- Provide students with opportunities to build stronger connections with peers and staff
- Challenge students beyond the curriculum they are studying
- Opportunity for a regular time for clubs to gather and meet
- Opportunity for students in different grades to work together on things they care about.
- YOUnited Friday offerings come in three main types:
- Leadership (usually runs every other week)
- Robotics (usually runs every week
- ESports and games (every week
- Math help.(every week)
- Board games for the win! (every week)
Limited Run Sessions
- Cricket club (runs in September and October until it snows)
- Sports teams (may run some practices or fitness in season)
- Fantasy Sports leagues (Basketball, hockey)
- Women's self defence
- Various post-secondary (university and college) presentations and application help.
- Alumni (past Mandela graduates) panel
- Guest speakers
What does this look like?
- Friday at 12:18PM students proceed to Connect class for attendance and check-in.
- Friday at 12:32 students proceed to their chosen YOUnited Friday offering.