Lunch Hour Expectations
Working as a team, students, school staff and parents make our Noon Supervision Service successful! Our partnership is strengthened by clear expectations. As the noon period is a part of the school day, the same behavior is expected of the children as outlined in the New Brighton School Parent Handbook.
School is expected to:
- provide a safe and secure place for students to have their lunch break.
- provide noon supervision to: students as user-pay service.
- accommodate a drop-in program
Children are expected to:
- be considerate of each other, staff and other adults (be it on the playground or within the building)
- demonstrate proper respect and care for articles belonging to self, school, and others
- follow school regulations and noon supervision service rules
- resolve differences without physical violence or abusive language or gestures
- display appropriate positive and polite behaviour in gatherings
- move in the hallways in an orderly fashion which is quiet and non-disruptive to others
Parents are expected to:
- submit a completed registration form and pay the required fees
- confirm that they are aware of the school’s discipline policy and that they understand their child’s participation in the service is contingent on complying with the policy
- identify any allergies or medical conditions that their child may have
- provide their child with a lunch that meets their child’s needs and weather-appropriate clothing
- provide advance notice for a full-time student who will be absent from the noon supervision service
- provide advance notice to have a drop-in student stay for lunch
- agree to work collaboratively with noon supervision staff to resolve any inappropriate behaviour by their child during the noon supervision service.
Students registered for full-time Noon Supervision are expected to remain on school property for the duration of the lunch hour. Permission to leave the school (visit a friend for example) must be given in writing by a parent or guardian for each occurrence. Our duty to supervise safely does not allow for ongoing or open-ended permission to leave the school over the lunch hour. Permission should be given to the classroom teacher.
You've been asked to order your Fun Lunches online... now what?
Go to www.healthyhunger.ca and register. After your account is created, you will be able to view all upcoming Fun Lunches, place orders and pay for them online with Visa, MasterCard or Interac Debit.
This initiative is organized by the New Brighton Fundraising Society.