Just a reminder that due to members of our school who are sensitive to food items such as nuts, peanuts, peanut butter and shell fish we ask that you refrain from bringing these foods into the school. Thanks for helping us be safe.
Accidents and Injuries
Should your child be injured at school the following procedures will be followed:
- A staff member will take action to ensure the safety of the student and administer minor first aid.
- The parent or guardian will be telephoned and apprised of the
situation and asked, if necessary, to come to the school to advise us
of their wishes regarding their child’s injury.
- If we are unable to contact the parent or guardian, the administrator in charge will decide if emergency treatment is necessary.
- If immediate emergency treatment appears to be necessary, the
child will be transported via ambulance to Alberta Children’s Hospital
and the parents or guardian will be advised as soon as possible.
Cologne / Perfume Reminder
We would just like to remind students and parents that students are not allowed to bring cologne, perfume or body spray to school. We do not feel it is necessary in an educational setting. Many people are sensitive to these products, in the same way that others are sensitive to nuts and can be adversely affected by exposure to them.
Illness at School
Students who are ill should ask the teacher’s permission to report to
the office. In the office, parents will be contacted regarding
permission to go home. School personnel are not permitted to supply
students with any type of medication. Parents will be asked to come and
get their child if the student cannot continue their schooling.
If a student is injured, staff trained in first aid will respond.
Parents will be notified as soon as possible. Please note that the
school will always err on the side of caution and call 911 to have an
ambulance respond should that be deemed appropriate in the
Does your son or daughter have any medications or an epipen that should be stored in the office or any medical information we should know about?
Please let us know asap and the appropriate form will be sent home for you to complete and return.
Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.