Occasionally, students that are working on projects together or to accommodate a family request need to take a different school bus home with another student. Due to spacing and insurance requirements we ask that these requests not be for casual visiting between students. In majority of situations, both students must be bus eligible and have a valid bus pass with them. However, under special circumstances non bus eligible students may ride the bus with special permission in advance from the school principal.
Phone calls home to get permission at the last minute can become very time consuming and will not be allowed. A signed and dated note is required from the parents of both students. Without this note the students will not be allowed to ride the bus together. Students must bring the notes to the office for Mr. Flaman or Dr Munroe to sign. Students must bring their notes to the office in the morning (not the end of the day).
Lost Bus Pass / Replacement Pass
Just a quick fyi that if your child has lost their bus pass replacement passes can be requested through your MyCBE / PowerSchool account.
School rules and discipline consequences apply on the bus in addition to the following considerations:
- The driver is in charge of their bus, his/her directions must be obeyed at all times.
- Drivers report misconduct to the school administration for resolution.
- Students must remain seated, not extend arms or head out of the bus.
- Students must follow the expectations established for behaviour from the school while travelling to and from school.
- Skateboards are permitted only at the discretion of the bus driver and must be secured according to the specifications of the driver.
- Students responsible for any damage or vandalism may be required to pay for repair costs or cleaning to occur.
- Food and drinks are not to be consumed on the bus.