Section 12 of the August 31, 2019 School Act outlines expectations for student behaviour. Specifically, the Act requires that:
A student shall conduct himself or herself so as to reasonably comply with the following code of conduct:
- be diligent in pursuing the student’s studies;
- attend school regularly and punctually;
- co-operate fully with everyone authorized by the board to provide education programs and other services;(d) comply with the rules of the school;(e) account to the student’s teachers for the student’s conduct;
- respect the rights of others;
- ensure that the student’s conduct contributes to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging;
- refrain from, report and not tolerate bullying or bullying behaviour directed toward others in the school, whether or not it occurs within the school building, during the school day or by electronic means;
- positively contribute to the student’s school and community.
Students who do not comply with the Niitsitapi Learning Centre’s Code of Conduct, Section 12 of the School Act, and Administrative Regulation 6005 will be evaluated by school administration. The underlying goal of all disciplinary intervention is the development of responsibility and accountability on the part of the student. As a result, the concept of reconciling, or making things right, will be part of the disciplinary intervention.
Bus Expectations & Rules
Please review our School Bus Expectations & Rules section of our Busing page.