What will be learning about in NOVEMBER?
- numbers to 100, odd and even numbers, number patterns, composing and decomposing numbers
- Calgary - the land, the buildings, the history, the people, jobs, food, fun things to do
- Metis people and culture
- understanding and expressing feelings
- dance and traditional games
- sights words, blending letter sounds together to read big and small words
- writing short narratives to describe 4 part picture stories or sequences and writing sentences using sight words and invented spelling
In math, we explored numbers to 100, became experts at finding the missing number in fact families to 20 and practiced breaking apart numbers every day.
We read and write together every day. We love exploring sight words and rhyming words through songs. This month, we worked hard to become experts at re-telling familiar stories. One of the stories we loved was “Stellaluna”. It helped us to sequence events and learn even more about Bats!