Supporting Our Youngest Indigenous Learners
Programming at Niistitapi li tass ksii mat tsoo kop (Niitsitapi Learning Centre) will provide early intervention through a holistic, strength-based, early learning environment. We want our students to build a strong academic foundation in a learning environment that reflects and nurtures their Indigenous identity.
By providing our students the best possible start to their educational journey and supporting school-to-school transitions when students move from the Niitsitapi Learning Centre, our goal is to improve Indigenous students’ long-term success in school and prepare them to live in both worlds.
Unique Program and Benefits for Indigenous Students
This unique and innovative early learning environment will provide:
- Opportunities for families to be involved and help shape the future growth of this exciting learning journey for their children.
- Holistic, strength-based, personalized, experiential learning opportunities.
- A preschool for Indigenous children aged 3 and 4 years old.
- Full-day kindergarten for Indigenous children.
- Curriculum taught through a diversity of Indigenous perspectives and experiences to build a strong sense of Indigenous identity and a strong academic foundation.
- On-site services and supports for registered students and their families.
- Student transportation – yellow school bus service.
- New modernized facility, with Circle of Nations Learning Collection and Indigenous community programs.