We take great pride in keeping a tidy school; both inside and out. We ask all our students to be good citizens by putting garbage and recycling where it belongs, and helping to keep our classrooms and playground clean.
Families walking their dogs must stay back on the city pathway. Dogs are not permitted on the school playground as required by city bylaw.
Smoking or vaping is also not permitted on CBE property. Parents and family members may not smoke / vape anywhere outside of the school. This includes sidewalks. Your cooperation is both appreciated and expected.
Students are expected to go outside on a daily basis. Please ensure your child has appropriate clothing for our ever-changing weather. Unless there is a severe wind chill, or the temperature is below -20C, children will go outside.
When on the playground, students are expected to:
- Respect themselves, others and our environment
- Ensure rocks stay on the ground
- Ensure snow is used for building and not throwing
- Only throw soft, squishy balls against exterior walls and keep basketballs and soccer balls away from windows
- Use recess equipment as it is intended
- Bring equipment they are using back to the equipment carts to be returned inside
- Be gentle and respectful with the equipment so that it stays in good condition
Use of School Equipment, Open Spaces & Play Areas
Students are expected to use school and recreational equipment as it is intended, to play safe games that will not potentially endanger themselves or others; and to cooperate/participate with good sportsmanship, kindness and respect when playing organized games. If a supervising adult determines an activity is unsafe, students are expected to follow redirection given by that adult to either find a new activity or play in a more safe manner.