Three Pillars of Care
At Olympic Heights School we promote the creation of a culture of character and caring in our school through the implementation of The Virtues Project and the school’s “Three Pillars of Care.” Students are lead to demonstrate the positive attributes and values that facilitate a positive and empowering learning environment and support the development of ethical and moral global citizens. Read more on the About Our School page.
Expectations for Proper Bus Conduct
The Calgary Board of Education has established the following expectations to ensure that riding a school bus is safe and enjoyable for everyone. Please review them with your child(ren).
- The driver is in charge of the bus and his/her directions must be followed. Any misconduct will be reported to the school.
- Students must conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner, showing consideration for the comfort and safety of others.
- The driver may assign specific seats to students.
- While the bus is in motion, students should not extend their arms or heads out of the window, move through the aisle, or stand up on the bus.
- While on the bus, students should not throw waste on the floor or out the windows, scuffle, use obscene language, or distract the bus driver.
- Students who are responsible for causing willful damage to a bus may be required to pay for damages.
- Students must heed the driver’s instructions when leaving the bus and should have a clear view of the road before crossing the street.
If you have questions, please contact the office at Olympic Heights School at 403-777-8370.