Digital Citizenship Plan 2023-24
Please find a copy of our digital citizenship plan on the right-hand side of the screen, under Resources.
A copy of our Admirable Use Policy document is included with the plan.
Admirable Use Policy for Educational Technology
At Olympic Heights School we will ensure the safety of all students by following the three principles of care and respect when working with educational technology. This will ensure that we are using digital information and technology resources in a responsible way:
1. Respect and Care for Yourself
- Keep your CBE account passwords and other personal information private.
- Tell your teacher if something on an electronic device makes you feel uncomfortable or is inappropriate.
- Caring for a personally owned device is the responsibility of the owner.
2. Respect and Care for Others
- Use appropriate language and communicate respectfully at all times.
- Respect the property and the creative work of others.
- Respect the rights of other people and ask for permission to record or post anything about them.
- Protect and respect the personal information of others.
- Use your time wisely when using technology for learning.
3. Respect and Care for this Place
- Maintain equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
- In the school environment, use technology that supports learning and do so in consultation with your teacher.
- Report any problems with technology equipment as soon as you see them.
Violation of the Calgary Board of Education and Olympic Heights School Policy
If you do not follow this policy it may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- Letter home
- Restriction or loss of computer privileges; and/or
- School-based disciplinary consequences
Depending on the severity of inappropriate use, consequences will be determined by staff and the administrative team. Parents/Guardians will be notified.