SPRING SCHOOL COUNCIL UPDATES
SCHOOL COUNCIL MEETINGS
Lend your skills and get involved with Olympic Heights School Council. See meeting schedule below.
You can find agendas and minutes from meetings on this page as attachments under "Resources".
The 2022-2023 OHS Fun Lunch is using the HealthyHunger.com ordering system and is ready for parents to place orders as of September 12, 2022. (healthyhunger.ca)
Please check the OHS website calendar to see when orders are due and the fun food dates. Deadline to order and pay is 5 days before the event date; no product is available on event days. To order, please visit www.healthyhunger.com. Thank you for your continued support of Fun Lunch!
KISS & DROP
The Kiss & Drop service is for everyone to use. It operates best when everyone knows the expectations. Please review.
- Remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Move your vehicle with the flow of traffic and we’ll open your door when it is safe.
- Ensure that your child can exit and enter your vehicle from the passenger side only. If unable, we ask that you not use Kiss & Drop.
- All passengers in your vehicle must be safely and legally secured. If you do not have enough room for the children you are picking up, re-think your plan before entering the Kiss & Drop zone.
- No U-turns allowed at either of our intersections. Our patrols keep track of vehicles who are making unsafe decisions.
- Do not turn left after dropping off or picking up your child(ren). Continue down the hill turning right at the community centre, taking you back around.
- If the Kiss & Drop zone is full, no double parking. At drop off, remain in the line and be patient. At pick-up, turn right at the community centre and loop around to return you to the back of the line.
The people running the Kiss & Drop service are volunteers. Please model appropriate behaviour in front of your children and the community when speaking to our volunteers. Abuse of our volunteers will not be tolerated. School safety is top priority for our volunteers.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Stay connected on activities happening at the school through the Olympic Heights School Council Facebook page.
School Council and Parent Association meetings begin at 6:30 PM and will be held on the Thursdays noted below. If virtual, the meeting invitations, with the agenda and meeting link, are sent to all families via School Messenger, but can also be found on the homepage. It is not necessary to have the Microsoft Teams app installed to join.
- September 29, 2022
- October 20, 2022
- November 17, 2022
- December – no meeting scheduled
- January 19, 2023
- February 23, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- April 13, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June – no meeting scheduled
Our School Council Members
- Co-Chairs: Diane Perry, Monique Morin
- Key Communicator: Michelle Jacobs
- Treasurer: Anita Roncin
- Casino: Monique Morin, Jane Radiff
- Fun Lunch: Jane Radiff, Ryann Lajoie, Michelle Herbst
- Special Events: Leslie Hall, Laura Osadetz
- Fundraising: Shannon Gillett
- Kiss and Drop: Michelle Herbst
- Secretary: Tori Wright
- Volunteer Coordinators: Lara Semler
Contact the School Council