SPRING SCHOOL COUNCIL UPDATES
SCHOOL COUNCIL MEETINGS
Lend your skills and get involved with Olympic Heights School Council. See meeting schedule below.
You can find agendas and minutes from meetings on this page as attachments under "Resources".
The 2019/2020 OHS Fun Lunch is using the HealthyHunger.com ordering system.
We will keep you posted on the next event.
Deadline to order and pay is 5 days before the event date; no product is available on event days. To order, please visit www.healthyhunger.com. Thank you for your continued support of Fun Lunch!
KISS & DROP
The Kiss & Drop service is for everyone to use. It operates best when everyone knows the expectations. Please review.
- Remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Move your vehicle with the flow of traffic and we’ll open your door when it is safe.
- Ensure that your child can exit and enter your vehicle from the passenger side only. If unable, we ask that you not use Kiss & Drop.
- Arrive on time when dropping off a kindergarten child. Our volunteers will walk kindergarten students to the courtyard until the bell at 9:10 am. If you arrive later, park elsewhere and walk your child via the office doors.
- The Kiss & Drop zone is reserved for kindergarten pick-up until 5 minutes before the bell or until it is full, whichever comes first. If you are not picking up kindergarten, please stay back from the zone until the reserved time expires.
- Arrive on time when picking up a kindergarten child with a pass. If you arrive late, please park elsewhere and walk to meet your child.
- All passengers in your vehicle must be safely and legally secured. If you do not have enough room for the children you are picking up, re-think your plan before entering the Kiss & Drop zone.
- No U-turns allowed at either of our intersections. Our patrols keep track of vehicles who are making unsafe decisions.
- Do not turn left after dropping off or picking up your child(ren). Continue down the hill turning right at the community centre, taking you back around.
- If the Kiss & Drop zone is full, no double parking. At drop off, remain in the line and be patient. At pick-up, turn right at the community centre and loop around to return you to the back of the line.
The people running the Kiss & Drop service are volunteers. Please model appropriate behaviour in front of your children and the community when speaking to our volunteers. Abuse of our volunteers will not be tolerated. School safety is top priority for our volunteers.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Stay connected on activities happening at the school through the Olympic Heights School Council Facebook page.
School Council and Parent Association Meetings are held in the Learning Plaza the third Thursday of each month starting at 6:30 PM.
- September 12, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- November 14, 2019
- January 23, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- May 21, 2020
- June 11, 2020
Our School Council Members
- Co-Chairs: Diane Perry, Monique Morin
- Key Communicator / CAPSC Rep: Lorna Williams
- Treasurer: Anita Roncin
- Casino: Monique Morin, Dianne Stuart
- Fun Lunch: Cathy Hockenhull, Jane Radiff, Ryann Lajoie, Becky Vernon, Michelle Herbst, Carlyn Hegg
- Fundraising/Special Events: Torie Findlay, Dianne Stuart
- Kiss and Drop: Diane Perry
- Newsletter: Julie Guimond
- Secretary: Hilary Booth
- Volunteer Coordinators: Nadia Hutton
Contact the School Council