Kiss & Drop
Everyone is welcome to use the Kiss & Drop service. However, it operates best when everyone knows the expectations for the service.
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times to keep the service running smoothly.
- Move your vehicle with the flow of traffic and allow us to open your door when it is safe to do so.
- Ensure that your child can exit and enter your vehicle from the passenger side only. If you are unable to use the passenger side, we ask that you not use the Kiss & Drop service.
- Arrive on time when dropping off a kindergarten child. Our volunteers will walk kindergarten students to the courtyard until the bell at 8:40 AM. If you arrive after this time, please park elsewhere and walk your child in through the office doors.
- The Kiss & Drop zone is reserved for kindergarten pick-up until 5 minutes before the bell or until it is full, whichever comes first. If you are not picking up kindergarten, please stay back from the zone until the reserved time has expired.
- Arrive on time when picking up a kindergarten child with a pass. If you arrive late, we ask that you kindly park elsewhere and walk to retrieve your child.
- Ensure that all passengers in your vehicle are safely and legally secured. If you do not have enough room for the children you are picking up, please re-think your plan prior to entering the Kiss & Drop zone.
- Do not make U-turn at either of our intersections. Our patrols keep track of vehicles who are making unsafe decisions.
- Do not turn left after dropping off or picking up your child(ren). Continue down the hill turning right at the community centre, taking you back around.
- If the Kiss & Drop zone is full, do not double park. At drop off, please remain in the line and be patient. At pick-up, please turn right at the community centre and loop around, returning you to the back of the line. If you are in line at pickup and find that your vehicle is blocking the city bus zone when a bus is trying to pull in, we kindly ask that you leave the line to allow for the bus to get in and out of the zone.
- At pick-up, please respect the sign at the end of the bus zone. The sign denotes the end of the line. Cars that stop between this sign and the intersection block the flow of traffic around the corner. Buses and some vehicles are then able to get around the corner. We kindly ask you to keep moving and turn right at the community centre. You can then loop around, joining the back of the line when possible, once it has begun to move.