For security reasons all doors remain locked during the day. This enables us to monitor all visitors to our school. Safety and security of our students is of utmost importance. To ensure the safety of our students by following our established safety and security guidelines, which include:
- All parents and visitors (including former students) must enter the school through the front doors and report to the office. Office staff will request that you sign-in and put on a visitor tag if you need to go to a classroom or another part of the building. Anyone not wearing a visitor tag will be asked by staff members to return to the office to sign-in.
- Parents and older siblings are asked to remain outside of the school at entry and dismissal time, and needn’t accompany their children into the building. If you wish to speak to a staff member, please enter through the front door and report to the office.
- Safety is best secured when students arrive at school on time.
- Students arriving late need to enter through the front doors and report to the office so that they can obtain a late slip before entering their classroom.
- Students who need to leave the school early for appointments will be called to the office to meet their parents. Please remember to check out with the office staff.
Legal Custody Documentation
If you have legal custody of your child(ren), please make sure the school has the appropriate, up-to-date documentation on file. This is required in order to clearly identify who has legal access and is therefore entitled to review the student record.
Emergency Information – Contact Information
Make sure your contact information, especially phone numbers are up to date. Please contact us if there has been a change.
Playground Supervision & Safety
Students using the playground should:
- Not wear loose or dangling clothing
- Use equipment properly
- Leave rocks on the ground
Please note that students are expected to go directly home or to caregivers unless they are involved in supervised extracurricular activities.
To ensure student safety, a complement of staff members are on playground supervision daily at 8:10 AM and 12:38
PM. At end of day dismissal there will be supervision for 15 minutes to ensure students are leaving the school safely and