We recognize that there is a diversity of opinion in our community as to what constitutes suitable dress for school activities. Students should dress to show their pride in their school and respect for learning. We believe that the following items of clothing are not appropriate for school:
- Clothing or jewelry with inappropriate and/or offensive symbols or words
- Clothing that reveals the midriff/navel and/or undergarments
- Extremely short skirts or shorts
- Tube tops, spaghetti strap or strapless tops, exposing bare shoulders
- Remove hats and hoodies when indoors.
Staff will use their discretion regarding appropriate student dress, and may ask a student to remove or change an item
of clothing or jewelry that is deemed inappropriate.
All students should have a pair of indoor shoes suitable for wearing in physical education classes. For safety reasons, we cannot allow students to participate in our daily physical education classes with platform soles, hiking boots or sandals. Please-no black soled shoes! All students are asked to remove their outdoor shoes once inside the school. The dirt and stones brought in on outdoor footwear can damage our gym floor.