O. S. Geiger School Student Purpose Statement
I come to O. S. Geiger School to learn.
It is my right and responsibility to learn.
As a good citizen, I support my own learning and the learning of others:
- In the classroom
- On the playground
- In the lunchroom
- On the bus
This is my purpose.
Expectations of Students
The following list describes the expectations we hold to promote student growth and success:
- Complete assignments and follow school and classroom routines. (Read Daily)
- Attend school regularly and arrive on time.
- Respectfully enter and exit the school through assigned doors.
- Remove outdoor shoes when entering the building.
- Remove hats and hoodies when indoors.
- Walk bicycles across school property and lock them securely in bike racks.
- We encourage creative play at school and ask that expensive toys such as iPods, DVD players,
- Collector cards and hazardous play equipment (skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, baseballs or bats) remain at home
- We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. Cell phones and other items may not be used to record voice, video, or photos and must be turned off during school hours.
- No items are allowed at the school that could be used as a threat or a weapon.
- The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Obtain permission from a staff member to enter the school before bell times.
- Obtain permission from a staff member to use the telephone.
- Meet at a pre-arranged meeting place outside the school.
- Go directly home once dismissed.