Panorama Hills School Acceptable Use Policy
Technology instruction is integrated into all curricular areas throughout the year and is accepted as an essential tool for teaching and learning. We do not have scheduled computer time in a lab,as teachers and students access technology when,where and how it is needed.
The expanding infusion of technology into the instructional day truly enhances the learning environment within Panorama Hills School. Students are engaged and learning is much more personalized when technology is accessed when it is needed and connects to learning. It is important to educate students on the ethical and responsible use of technologies. The term "digital citizenship" is used to define the important elements of the use of technology by everyone. As a CBE school, Panorama Hills School will be committed to the education and modeling of this practice for all users. Panorama Hills School is a safe, caring, and respectful learning community. In alignment with our vision for deep intellectually engaging Inquiry we wish to prepare children to be thoughtful and effective digital citizens
All use of electronic devices and network access require teacher permission and supervision and printing student work from school owned devices is permitted only with staff permission. By utilizing the school's computers and/or the network, the following agreement is accepted.
Acceptable Use of School or Personal Electronic Devices
The privilege to use School or Personal devices and/or networks is dependent on the level of responsibility shown by individual students. It is our intent to have all students access these tools for learning on an ongoing basis. The following acts and prohibited sites constitute inappropriate use and may endanger students, and/or possibly damage the network, hardware, and/or software. Students must respect intellectual property and adhere to copyright, software piracy and fair dealing laws associated with learning technologies.
It the expectation of Panorama Hills School that all students will:
- Protect the integrity of all CBE accounts and the networkby keeping all passwords safe and private, as well as only using devices approved by the staff and administration
- Protect the privacy of all staff and students by not sharing images, logins, passwords or information that might identify a member of our learning community online
- Only engage in activities and interactions with students and staff that show care and respect for others•Use only the CBE network at school so as to ensure the safety of all students and staff
- Use great care in using the equipment to ensure it can continue to be used by others
- Share the equipment with all other students and collaborate in ways that deepen the learning of all students
- Use only sites and applications approved by staff
- Protect the safety of each other by reporting all suspicious activities or content they or others might encounter accidentally or otherwise
- Always act to build a positive digital footprint
Violation of the CBE Policy
Each situation is dealt with on an individual basis and breach of policy may result in:
- Restriction or loss of computer privileges;
- School based disciplinary consequences; and/or Police intervention and/or legal action
Please visit our Technology Tools page for more information.
Please refer to the CBE Administrative Regulations for more information.