Digital Citizenship & Admirable Use Policy
The use of technology is an integral part of teaching and learning at Peter Lougheed. Teachers and students use digital technologies to access information, and communicate ideas. Students are expected to use our computer network and digital learning tools to engage in activities that facilitate meaningful and authentic learning experiences.
Admirable use of electronic/digital devices at Peter Lougheed School means:
- Keeping CBE account passwords and other personal information confidential.
- Practicing responsible conduct and digital etiquette when using electronic information resources.
- Informing teachers if something on an electronic device is inappropriate.
- Using electronic information resources in a responsible manner that supports learning and demonstrates exemplary character.
- Using appropriate language and communicating respectfully while using electronic devices.
- Respecting the property and the creative work of others.
- Protecting and respecting personal information of others.
- Using all electronic resources in a responsible manner that does not damage computer systems, data or networks.
- Leaving the school equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
- Use electronic equipment in the school to support learning in consultation with teachers.