Extra-curricular programs are one important aspect of a school community that builds school spirit, belonging and valuable life skills. The Peter Lougheed THUNDER Athletics Program is one of the many extra-curricular options available to students this year. THUNDER Athletics will provide students with the opportunity to participate in various inter-school sports through the Calgary Middle Level Schools Amateur Athletics (CMLSAA). CMLSAA athletics teams are available to students in Grades 6, 7, 8 and 9. At Peter Lougheed School, we will also provide grade 5 athletics clubs to correspond with many of our competitive teams.
At Peter Lougheed we participate in a full complement of middle school athletics programs, including:
- Cross Country Running (No Tryout Required) – September to October
- Soccer – September to November
- Volleyball – September to November
- Wrestling (No Tryout Required) – November to January
- Basketball – January to March
- Badminton – April to May
- Track and Field – April to May
- Students MUST complete the “Annual Authorization for Athletic Tryout” form in the Peter Lougheed Opening Package that is distributed each September.
- Please be sure to check “yes’” to ALL sports that you would allow your child to participate in. Students’ interests will change throughout the year and, therefore, a new form will be required if a student decides to tryout for a sport that was not previously approved.
- Full practice and game schedules will be posted outside the gym once available.