School Bus Rules
- The driver is in full charge of the bus.
- The driver may assign specific seats at all times.
- Students will not extend arms or head out the windows. While the bus us in motion, students will remain seated facing
- forward, and will not try to get on or off the bus, or move about within the bus.
- Students will not throw anything on the floor or out the windows of the bus.
- While on the bus, students conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner, showing consideration for the comfort
- and safety of others.
- Scuffling, fighting, smoking, and the use of obscene language, gestures or behaviour on the bus, are prohibited.
- Students will not distract the bus driver with excessive noise.
- Students causing willful damage to a bus will be held accountable.
- When leaving the bus, students will observe the instructions of the bus driver, and will not cross the road without having
- a clear view in all directions.
- No student or parent is permitted on the bus without:
- a valid bus pass: or
- the authorization of the bus driver
- the authorization of the school principal or their designate
School Bus Safety
Updates on bus status, delays, etc. may be found at www.myschoolbusmonitor.ca.
Please review the following bus safety tips with your child:
- Dress for the weather.
- Be at your stop at least 5 minutes before your bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Use the handrail when getting on and off the bus.
- Get on the bus one at a time.
- Take your seat right away and stay seated until you leave the bus.
- Face forward and do not throw things inside the bus or out of the bus window.
- Talk quietly and keep your head and hands inside the bus.
- Always listen to the bus driver - they are in charge.