The students attending Pineridge represent a wide variety of cultures and languages. The complex and diverse nature of the school community reflects the composition of Area 4, with 37.4% of the student population identified as English Language Learners and approximately 9.7% as Aboriginal learners, and 26.3% of the students having special education needs.
Pineridge School is a warm, caring community that provides for opportunities to explore possibilities and discover passions.
Making a Difference in Our World
- Focus on literacy development through inquiry and project based learning
- Focus on discipline based literacy and system work (Three Year Plan)
- Reggio inspired learning with the environmental focus of bringing the outside in
- Documentation of student work through the IRIS program
- Education Matters Grant recipient
- Technology rich environment
- ME to WE school
- Start Smart Stay Safe (S4) initiatives
- Dance program with resident dance instructor Barbara Lisek
- Strong parent involvement through Pineridge School Parent Association
- Grandparent Volunteers
- Student population reflects the rich diversity of languages and cultures reflected in the larger community
- Lunchroom program for students
- Two Communication, Sensory and Social Interaction Program System classes (CSSI)
Stay Smart, Stay Safe (s4)
Pineridge is a Start Smart Stay Safe (S4) school that encourages all students to learn the importance of belonging, develop personal strengths, and make positive choices to create a safe and caring environment for everyone. We embrace ME to WE and encourage our students to become global citizens and make a change in the world. Pineridge offers leadership opportunities for all as students can join the Leadership Club or the Principal Advisory Team.