Students learn from their first teachers, their parents and families.We are asking your support in keeping our children safe. Please:
- Do not use the school parking lot for a walking path.
- Do not walk through the parking lot with them.
- Do not drop them off, and tell them to cut through the parking lot.
Please note that if they do it with you, they will do it on their own. Children move quickly and do not understand the stopping distance and weight of a vehicle trying to stop. They do not understand that it is difficult to see a child cutting unexpectedly through a parking lot between parked cars, either on foot or on a bike or scooter.
Student Drop Off / Pick Up
We all have schedules to keep, but we can still take the right steps and avoid tickets:
- Double parking is against the law.
- Staff parking lot, is for staff only, staff are coming and going – we can't see children behind our cars and are not expecting you to walk or drive through.
- Bus/handicap zone in front of school – we know you are in a hurry, but please do not block access for our special needs students.
- Drop off / pick up your child at their outside door.
- When coming in to the school – always stop in the office to sign in and receive a Visitor badge.
- Please pick up your child(ren) on time every day. Due staff commitments it is not possible to provide after school care.
Pineridge Patrols work very hard to keep our students safe. Please encourage your children to cross with patrols when they are on duty. We need to inform all families using the crosswalks on Rundlehorn Drive at 61st Street that we will not be operating a Safety Patrol crossing at the two crosswalks during our crossing times.
Students going home during the noon hour are expected to use the crosswalk with the pedestrian lights. Parents are asked to drop off students away from the crosswalks.
Please observe an appropriate stopping distance when parking by the patrol crossings so that they can see traffic clearly.
We ask that you please remember to not J walk or U-turn in front of the school, as it creates unsafe conditions for students and motorists.
Patrols are on duty:
- 8:10 to 8:25 AM
- 3:05 to 3:20 PM
If your child is on patrols, it is most important that they arrive ten minutes in advance in order to do their duty. Other students and community members depend of their support for the safety of children in our community. Thank you for your support in allowing this child to take on this significant responsibility.
Patrols will not be on duty on days where the temperatures are colder than -20C.