- The turn-around at the northwest side of the school is a good location to drop off and pick up your children.
- Please do not park in front of the chain gate, as access is often required to the field.
- The drop-off area in front of the school is reserved for buses.
- Please use the crosswalks and take advantage of our school patrol volunteers who keep our crosswalks safe.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Come early and beat the rush. If you drive your children you can drop them 15 minutes before school starts as there is playground supervision.
- Do not drop or pick up children in the middle of the road. Drive a bit further and find a safe parking spot.
- Do not stop, drop off or pick up in the middle of the crosswalk.
- Decide on a drop off and pick up plan and routine so your children know where to go safely.
- Do not turn around in the school zone. Drive a bit further and find a safe parking spot.
- Try not to back up in the school zone as you can’t see those children who may be darting across the street.
Year Five and Six students have the opportunity to serve as members of our School Safety Patrol Program. The staff works with the Calgary Police Service to get this program in operation as soon as possible. Patrols operate at the crosswalks on the east and west sides of the school. Students attending Prince of Wales must follow the directions of the patrols when using these crossings. School patrols are on duty from 7:45 – 8:00 PM and 2:45 – 3:00 PM. We hope all students and parents will co-operate with our patrols, as it is important to provide support.