Our Learning Commons (Library) / Maker Space
Our learning commons is a beautiful and functional space. Students have access to computers, work space, and reading spaces for individual students, small groups and entire classes. We also have a Maker Space, which allows students to learn through exploration and technology. Students are encouraged to use the library and to take books home to read in the evening. Each class has a scheduled library period for 30 minutes once each week but may also drop in anytime the Learning Commons is open. Our library assistant, Ms Bergh, is a great resource when it comes to finding books!
All library materials need to be treated respectfully. In the event that materials that were borrowed are damaged or lost, they will need to be replaced or paid for by the borrower.
- Students are allowed to take books out for two weeks - The number of books they’re allowed to borrow is determined by their teacher.
- Students needing books for research projects are permitted to borrow for up to two months.
- Students with overdue items are required to return them before borrowing more.
- Unless an item is new or on hold for another student, renewals are allowed.
- Students can put items on hold.