A link to Calgary Board of Education’s Standards of Dress and Grooming (.pdf) is available on this page (under the “Links” heading).
As per the Standards of Dress and Grooming, our Queen Elizabeth High School “dress code” encourages and requires:
- cleanliness, neatness, and generally positive attitudes
- appropriateness for learning and any particular activity
- safety in all activities.
The following are guidelines for all students at Queen Elizabeth High School:
- appropriate clothing suitable for indoor wear,
- suitable footwear,
- special physical education clothing as required,
- special protective clothing in shops as required,
- hair that is neat and well-groomed and does not represent a hazard in work areas, and
- appropriate make up.
Further guidelines are contained within the Standards of Dress and Grooming Administrative Regulation. The principal or designate may determine which articles of clothing, jewelry or accessories are or are not appropriate for wear at school. The principal may require any student not conforming to dress standards to return home and change to suitable clothing before being admitted to class.