Teacher supervision begins outdoors each morning at 8:05 AM, and students should not be coming to school unattended before this time unless they are attending the Breakfast Program.
Please know that there is no supervision on the school playground after school, and we insist that all children go straight home unless there is a parent to supervise. Children are asked to go home and check in with family before coming back to play on the playground.
When you drop off your child before school, please remember that:
- The compound doors will be open at 7:45 AM each morning for children that attend the Breakfast Program. We ask that children not attending the breakfast program be dropped off at 8:05 AM when teachers are outside supervision.
- Children should play outside between 8:05 and 8:20 AM.
- When the bell rings, children enter the school through their assigned doors
School zones are busy places, especially before and after school. Our specialty buses, drivers and pedestrians are all in the same area at once. Please help us ensure that everyone is safe by:
- Crossing at marked crosswalks, not in the middle of the street.
- Making eye contact with drivers to be sure that they see you before you start to cross the street.
- Parking legally around the school – do not park in crosswalks or non-parking zones in the community.
- Walking to and from school whenever possible to reduce parking congestion.
- Following all rules of the road when driving – speeding, distracted driving, making U-turns in school zones, ignoring posted signs, parking illegally and failing to stop for pedestrians put our kids at risk.
We are encouraging all students and family members to please use the crosswalk with the flashing pedestrian lights when coming to/from school. Please help our patrollers by using this crosswalk and following their safety rules.
No Parking Zone in Front of School
The Parking Authority have advised us that they will be enforcing the No Parking Zone in front of the school, which is a bus zone. They will also ticket pedestrians for jay walking. Cars parked in the No Parking Zone may be issued a $50.00 fine. Please be sure to park outside the no parking signs and to cross the street at the cross walk.
Staff Parking Lot is Off Limits
Please know that the parking lot is reserved for staff only and we ask that families do not use the staff lot for parking, waiting or turning around. Please note that there is no student drop-off or pick-up in the staff parking lot. Students should not be in the parking lot at any time. Thank you for your understanding as we have had several incidents and near-misses in the parking lot.
- Children play outside until the bell rings. They should not be dropped off before teacher supervision times unless they are coming for breakfast.
- Breakfast will be available 7:45-8:10 AM. Children who need breakfast should enter through the compound doors.
- When the bell rings children enter the school through their assigned doors.
- To keep our building secure only the front door of the school will be unlocked – enter through the main office.
- Children entering through the front doors after the bell rings will be marked late.
- Please wait outside his or her designated door.
- If the weather is very cold or wet we welcome parents inside the front doors while they wait.
- With the hallways clear and quiet children will stay focused until they are dismissed.
- Please set up a meeting spot for after school pick up. We ask that children enter and exit through assigned doors and not the office. This ensures that teachers know where each child is at all times and helps them connect students and families safely.