We support and safeguard students as they develop online safety skills and learn to be good digital citizens in an environment that is safe, but that gradually broadens their experience. Digital citizenship is part of creating and maintaining a welcoming, caring, respectful, and safe environment for everyone in the school community.
Our school uses digital and online tools to help students develop a deep understanding of both the benefits and the responsibilities of working in a truly connected and collaborative way. Active and productive members of the global community must learn to practice what it means to be good digital citizens
Students are expected to demonstrate good digital citizenship skills when accessing school technology and school systems. Some of our expectations for responsible use include:
Showing Care for Self
- I will keep my CBE account passwords and other personal information confidential.
- I will practice responsible conduct and digital etiquette when technology.
- I will inform my teacher if something on an electronic device makes me feel uncomfortable or is inappropriate.
- I will use electronic information resources in a responsible manner that supports learning.
- If I use my own personal device, it is my individual responsibility to care for it.
Showing Care for Others
- I will use appropriate language and communicate respectfully while using electronic devices.
- I will respect the property and the creative work of others.
- I will protect and respect the personal information of others.
Showing Care for Our School
- I will use all electronic resources in a responsible manner that does not damage computer systems, data, or networks.
- I will leave the school equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
Showing Care for Learning
- I will use technology responsibly and for the purpose of learning.
- I will work with my teacher to decide how technology will be utilized to support my learning.
- I understand that artifacts produced on the computer for learning are expected to be shared as part of my learning.