How You Can Help
There are many meaningful and enjoyable ways that you can serve in schools. Here are just a few examples:
- Help with certain tasks in the classroom, the learning commons, or the office
- Assist with supervision on field trips
- Coach a school club or extra curricular activity
- Serve fun lunches to students
- Read with students who require extra support
- Organize special events for students
How to Get Started
Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s classroom learning. Speak with your child’s teacher about opportunities for you to help or check on our Parent Board outside the school office.
Please be aware that all parents who work with children are required to complete a Calgary Police Information Clearance, which is valid for a period of 5 years. This process typically takes 4-6 weeks. We encourage all parents who think they might want to volunteer and work with children during the school year to stop by the school office and begin the process.