Three Pillars of Care
Our school uses the Three Pillars of Care to help students and staff communicate our shared expectations. These pillars are referred to daily, both within our classes and when we proudly recognize students who are outstanding role models on our morning announcements. These students will receive a certificate that details why they are receiving this acknowledgement, and parents or guardians will be contacted so that you know to expect the certificate.
Care for Self
- Be on time for school.
- Be organized and return notices promptly.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Be clean and tidy in your dress and with your belongings.
- Be prepared for learning by listening and following directions.
- Be responsible and use appropriate language in school, on the playground and on field trips.
Care for Others
- Be kind and courteous to classmates, staff and visitors to our school.
- Be aware and tell an adult when you see someone who is hurt either in their body or in their feelings.
- Be responsible for making sure that others feel safe and welcome at our school.
Care for Place
- Be respectful of public property, community and personal property.
- Be thoughtful about your litter and place it in the garbage cans by the school doors.
- Be responsible for keeping your work, eating areas and playground tidy.
- Be careful to remove wet and dirty footwear to help keep our school clean and dry.
- Be environmentally aware by reducing daily waste and bringing lunches and snacks in recyclable containers.