Traffic Bylaw Reminders
Just a few reminders about going through alley ways. The City of Calgary Bylaw states:
- “The speed limit in all alleys is 15 km/h. Speeding in an alley carries the same fine as speeding on a roadway. For example, if you are traveling at 50 km/h in an alley, this is 35 km/h over the limit and your fine would be $219 and 4 demerit points.”
- “You may not park within 1.5 meters of or directly across from a driveway or garage entrance in an alley. Parking is also not allowed in front of or within 1.0 meters of the side of a garbage container or in alleys that are less than 6.1 meters wide.”
- “You may not block an alley or impede other vehicles from using the alley. You must also leave a minimum of 3.0 meters unobstructed width for the passage of other vehicles. The penalty for violating these parking restrictions is $40 - $50 and your vehicle may be towed.”
Parking and Kiss and Drop
The staff parking lot is reserved for Richmond Staff and Calgary Board of Education personnel. Since all parking spots have been assigned and paid for, we request your cooperation in not parking in this lot. Also, when dropping off and/or
picking up children at the side of the school – along 22nd Street, please be extremely careful of all our students as this area tends to become very congested and visibility is often difficult. The bussing zones (in effect from 0700 to 1700 hours on weekdays) in front of the school are also areas that need to be cleared of any parked cars during school hours.
A new Richmond School Kiss & Drop is now available to parents in dropping off children prior to start time and picking up children at the end of the day. The main reason for instituting this unique feature was children’s safety.
In the morning and again after school, it can get particularly hectic so the following times are in effect for picking up your
- 8:25 – 8:40 AM. Grade K-6 drop off in front of school (Monday – Friday)
- 3:00 – 3:10 PM. Grade 1-6 pick-up in front of school (Monday – Thursday)
- 12:16 – 12:26 PM Grade 1-6 pick-up in front of school (Friday)
Parents who use Kiss and Drop are requested to stay in their vehicles at all times.
Please park at least 5m from our school cross walks.