Learning Commons at Richmond School
Students may borrow from our extensive picture book, easy reader, quick read novel, graphic novel, chapter book and non-fiction collections. Our Library / Learning Commons Assistant Mrs. Rae is on hand Monday to Thursday. This year, we have a new process for getting books.
Grade 1/2 and 3/4 Classes
A library book bin will come to the classroom every three weeks. Students may borrow books from this bin to read at school. Typically, students will borrow a book on Monday and return it to the bin on Thursday where it will quarantine until the next Monday. Every three weeks, the bin will be switched to provide new reading choices for students.
Grade 4/5 and 5/6 Classes
Students in these classes will select books from our online catalogue and will send an email from within the catalogue to request these books. If available, these books will be delivered to the classroom weekly. An overview of how to look up and request books is below. For more help, click here.
1. Select books from Richmond School library using CBE e-Library
2. Set up your Book Request list – first time only.
3. Search for books in CBE e-Library and add them to your BookRequest list in CBE e-Library
4. Review your BookRequest list and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org from CBE e-Library. Books will be delivered to the classroom on Thursdays. If a book you have requested is not available, a Hold will be created and you will get it when it is your turn.
5. Borrowing Books: Keep the books you borrow for up to two weeks. If you need more time, you can ask to renew your book as long as it is not on hold for someone else. You must return books before you get any more.
6. Returning Books: Bring your books back to your classroom and put them in the return bin there. Mrs. Rae will pick them up each week and return them to the Learning Commons.
7. You’re Responsible: Please take good care of our books and digital tools. If you lose or damage them, you will be asked to pay the replacement cost.