Rideau Park School fosters lifelong learners and engaged community members.
At Rideau Park We Value
Open Mindedness, Empathy, and Integrity
Built in 1930, Rideau Park School has a rich tradition of academic excellence.
- High expectations of excellence in learning and citizenship
- Morning Kindergarten with a strong Early Literacy Focus
- Elementary Program designed through developing conceptual understanding and connecting curricular outcomes
- Daily Physical Education for Elementary. PE and Outdoor Education in Junior High, and many off site PE opportunities for all grades
- A newly designed Makerspace and Learning Commons to coincide with an exceptional construction lab
- Modern Foods and Fashion lab
- Modernized Band and Music room
- Brand new wireless network for student personal devices
- Exceptional opportunities in technology, robotics and design thinking including a shared experience with STEM Learning Lab
- Athletic teams and after school clubs fostering healthy living and sportsmanship
- Before and After School Care Program
- Homework Hotel for student help after school
Elementary students are organized into single grade classrooms - one at each grade from K - 6. Junior high school students are organized into grade-specific classes.
Receiving instruction in Humanities and Math/Science, students in Grade 7 – 9 have teams of teachers. Complementary courses are offered to our junior high students to allow them to develop skill and passion in the areas of career and technology studies, leadership, fine arts, Industrial arts, and French as Second Language.
Rideau Park staff provide diverse co-curricular programs for our older elementary and junior high school students. Besides providing opportunities for students to explore areas of interest, many of these classes can be pursued at a higher level at Western Canada High School. The course selection changes every year based on student interest and teacher expertise.