Accidents and Injuries
Should your child be injured at school the following procedures will be followed:
- A staff member will take action to ensure the safety of the student and administer minor first aid.
- The parent or guardian will be telephoned and apprised of the
situation and asked, if necessary, to come to the school to advise us
of their wishes regarding their child’s injury.
- If we are unable to contact the parent or guardian, the administrator in charge will decide if emergency treatment is necessary.
- If immediate emergency treatment appears to be necessary, the
child will be transported via ambulance to Alberta Children’s Hospital
and the parents or guardian will be advised as soon as possible.
Illness at School
Students who are ill should ask the teacher’s permission to report to
the office. In the office, parents will be contacted regarding
permission to go home. School personnel are not permitted to supply
students with any type of medication. Parents will be asked to come and
get their child if the student cannot continue their schooling.
If a student is injured, staff trained in first aid will respond.
Parents will be notified as soon as possible. Please note that the
school will always err on the side of caution and call 911 to have an
ambulance respond should that be deemed appropriate in the
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.
More forms are available in on the CBE website in Forms You Need.
The school does not have a full time nurse .The nurse comes in
periodically for such reasons as vaccination of students and to leave
information for staff and students regarding other specific public
health requirements. The nurse can be contacted at Alberta Health
Alberta Health Services provides excellent health newsletters for the parents of children and teens. They also provide a Health Schools Calendar with links to upcoming events. You can find these and other health resources on our Health & Wellness page.