Parents are asked to make a loop when driving students to school at Rideau. Please drop off on 30 Street heading eastbound. Please do not park in the bus zone or block the alley. Please do not drive into the cul de sac as this a heavy pedestrian zone. Never be in a hurry when near Rideau Park School. It is not worth the consequence.
Parents who are picking up a student during the day are asked to park in one of the two stalls immediately at the entrance of the staff lot.
Important Safety Notice for Parents
Please be advised that due to increasing safety concerns of neighborhood residents and our student community, policing of city bylaws relating to parking and traffic restrictions will be more strictly enforced in the coming months. Unfortunately there is no car-accessible front door drop-off or parking availability directly at our school entrance.
Be aware that Rideau Road Back Alley access (off 30th Ave SW) is NOT permitted for student drop-off. Alley access is for residents and Rideau staff ONLY. Please respect our neighbours.
If you drive your children to school, we URGE you to consider the following:
- ’Kiss & Go’ Drop-off zone with ONE-WAY TRAFFIC FLOW. See Map: Rideau Road, left turn to 30th Ave
- Street parking is available on 30th Ave S.W. (south side only please)
- Minimize idle time. The small public parking lot on the south end of the soccer field is reserved for families with small children and students with injuries.
- Please walk whenever possible - the pedestrian bridge from Elbow Dr SW provides another foot access entry route
- Consider dropping off older children within reasonable and safe walking distance and remind them of street safety.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Volunteers or guests who are parking for an extended time, please use the lot at the south end of the school yard on 32 Street SW.
Staff and substitute teacher parking is in the lot at the north end of the school.