Expectations of CBE Volunteers
You are required to:
- Receive direction from and be accountable to the teacher in charge
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to your role
- Be a positive role model for students
- Report poor student behaviour to the teacher in charge
- Have appropriate qualification for the activity
- Dress appropriately for your duties and present a positive image to the community at large
- Refrain from smoking while on school property or on a field trip
- Refrain from bringing children with you who are not students enrolled at the school
- Comply with all applicable CBE policies and regulations and school rules
If these conditions are not met, your volunteer position will be reviewed.
Routines for School Volunteers
We ask that all volunteers park in the Riverbend Community Centre parking lot as close to the school as they can get.
Report to the main office when you arrive to volunteer, sign in, and wear visible identification.
Avoid bringing valuables into the school unless absolutely necessary. Keep wallets/purses with you. The CBE is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property.
Use only the washrooms designated for adults or staff members.