Registration at Riverside School
Riverside School is a Science Program. Registration for this program begins in January of each year and spots are chosen by Lottery.
Information for January 2023
Additional Information for Families- Alternate Program Registration Information
- An Open House was held on January 12, 2023 using TEAMS. The PowerPoint presentations are posted on this page.
- Expression of Interest for Alternative Program for the 2023-24 school year opens Jan. 16, 2023.
- For students already with the CBE, an Expression of Interest form with proof of residency must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org between January 16, 2023 and noon on Feb 14, 2023.
- Proof of residence is required. ( utility bill, bank statement GST rebate
home or renter insurance
income tax statement
property tax assessment)
- For students new to the CBE, register through SchoolEngage.
- The Lottery is drawn February 15, 2023
- Parents notified of acceptance by March 2, 2023
- Parents must accept/ decline within 10 business days of the email of acceptance.
- Families must reside in the CBE catchment area for Riverside School (North of Glenmore Trail and West of Deerfoot Trail) at the time of submitting the Expression of Interest. Students in neighboring communities outside Calgary are not eligible to apply. Use the CBE Find a School Tool to see if Riverside is your designate science program.
- If you are not selected in the lottery, your name is put on a wait list. If a spot opens up, you will be notified in the last week of June. At times, we have students who move over the summer. This would open up a spot in the first week of school for someone on the waitlist.
- Waitlists range from 20-150 students depending on the grade.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, individual in-person school tours and individual virtual appointments/meetings are not available.
- The kindergarten program is a half-day program 4 days a week, with alternating Friday attendance.