Riverside School Registration Considerations
Riverside School offers the Science Program. Registration begins in January of each year and admission is by Lottery.
- If you were unable to attend our virtual Open House, see the presentation in the Resources on this page.
- An Expression of Interest must be submitted by the February deadline for consideration for entry into the program for the next school year. An Expression of Interest sent prior to the January application opening date will not be considered.
- Children must reside in CBE’s catchment area for Riverside School (North of Glenmore Trail and West of Deerfoot Trail). Children in neighboring communities outside Calgary are not eligible to apply. Use CBE’s Find a School Tool to see if Riverside is your designate science program.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, you will only receive an email if your child is selected in the lottery for the next school year.
- If your child is not selected in the lottery, their name is put on a wait list. If a spot opens up, you will be notified in the last week of June or the first week of school.
- Waitlists range from 20-150 students depending on the grade.
- The kindergarten program is a half-day program 4 days a week, with alternating Friday attendance. Parents will be notified of AM or PM class placements in March.
- In-person school tours and individual virtual appointments/meetings are not available.
See the additional information below to begin the register process.