In order for students to have a safe place to store their belongings during the school day, individual lockers and locks are provided to every student. Lockers are the property of the school and are on loan to the student. Any locker malfunction should be reported immediately to the school office.
- should not leave items of value in their lockers
- are responsible for the proper care of the locker
- should not to give their lock combination to anyone else
- are responsible to keep his/her locker clean
- will remove all contents when requested to do so
- will be held responsible for damages to the locker
It is important to note that:
- Lockers and padlocks are the property of the Calgary Board of Education.
- You are responsible for care, damage and cleanliness of your locker. Let’s keep our school looking and smelling new!
- School Administration has the authority to do locker searches for just reason or cause.
- You should only use the locker you are assigned.
- A fee will charged for padlocks not returned at year end.
- Additionally, CBE Policy 6014 Student Searches states that if there is reasonable grounds the following may be subject to search; students, school desks, lockers, storage areas used by students, articles and objects belonging to students on school board premises or during off-site activities including backpacks, clothing, purses, suitcases , coat bags and electronic information resources used by students.
The use of personal locks on school lockers is not permitted. If a replacement lock is required there will be a $5.00 charge.